The Seattle Aquarium is open with timed ticketing to enhance your experience. We recommend purchasing tickets online in advance to reserve your preferred entry time. The Aquarium opens at 9:30am, with last entry at 5pm, and closes at 6pm.
We can’t wait to see you!
Know before you go
The Aquarium is operating with the health and safety of our guests, volunteers, staff and animals in mind. We are meeting and exceeding the recommendations of health officials and are excited to offer you a fun, safe experience.
- Purchasing tickets online in advance is recommended for all guests, whether you’re a first-time visitor or a long-time member.
- Your timed ticket indicates your arrival window. Once you enter, there’s no limit to how long you can spend at the Aquarium!
- Masks/face coverings are encouraged for all visitors, with the exception of babies/toddlers. Masks, including clear masks/face coverings, are available at no charge and upon request from Guest Services.
- As of March 1, King County’s COVID-19 vaccine verification policy is no longer in effect and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or proof of negative COVID-19 test is no longer required for entry to the Seattle Aquarium.
- For answers to frequently asked questions, visit our health and safety FAQ.
Keeping You Safe
The Aquarium has implemented the following safety precautions to protect the health of our animals, guests, staff and volunteers:
- The Aquarium requires that all staff members, volunteers and on-site vendors/contractors are vaccinated against COVID-19.
- State-of-the-art bipolar ionization air-handling equipment help filter out air particles and enhance safety.
- Touchless ticketing at the Aquarium’s entrance.
- Additional touchless hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the Aquarium.
- The Aquarium is maintaining its high standards of cleanliness and all high-touch surfaces (like windows, railings, restrooms and elevators) are continuously cleaned.
- Our safety procedures reflect the recommendations of the CDC and King County Public Health.
Visiting the Aquarium
Timed tickets and reservations
- Purchasing tickets online in advance is recommended for all guests (plus you'll receive our lowest ticket prices by purchasing online!). Members will continue to receive free admission. Blocks of tickets are set aside exclusively for members daily.
- Timed ticketing limits the number of people inside the Aquarium at one time—reducing crowding and increasing access to our habitats.
- Guests will not be admitted to the Aquarium prior to their reservation time.
- CityPASS ticket holders: First, purchase CityPASS online for immediate mobile delivery. Next, use the link provided in the emailed order receipt or visit the CityPASS Travel Guide to manage your reservations.
- Connections ticket holders and Gold/FLASH cardholders: enter the walk-up line upon arrival; entry will be permitted as space allows.
- Timed tickets may be rescheduled up to the reservation time but not after.
- Members who need assistance making a reservation may call us at (206) 386-4300.
For your visit
- Hours: The Seattle Aquarium is open daily, 9:30am–6pm. Last entry at 5pm; exhibits close at 6pm.
- Weather: The Aquarium has many spaces with open airflow. Your visit will include both indoor and outdoor spaces. Please dress for the weather or bring layers to maintain your comfort as you explore.
- Water bottles: Touchless water-bottle-filling stations are available throughout the Aquarium.
- Food: The Seattle Aquarium’s café is open daily. Outside food is allowed in designated areas only.
- Accessibility: The Aquarium’s exhibits and restrooms are wheelchair-accessible. Wheelchairs are available to check out at Guest Services on a first-come, first-served basis. The Aquarium is registered as a certified sensory-inclusive facility. Please visit our Accessibility page for more information on wheelchair rentals, sensory inclusion and more.
- Get up to two hours of free parking at the Pike Place Market garage! Just ask for a parking voucher from Guest Services as you enter. Visit seattlewaterfront.org for details. Additional parking information can be found on our directions and parking page. Free parking validation available while supplies last.
At the Aquarium
So much to do and see
Dive in to our daily activities, meet our experts and explore things to do during your visit.
Discover the animals you'll have the chance to see during your visit.
Explore before you go
Learn about our different habitats and the animals you'll encounter.
The Aquarium’s exhibits and restrooms are wheelchair-accessible (wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis) and is registered as a certified sensory-inclusive facility.
Open Daily, 9:30am–4pm
Second level, above Ackerley Foundation Puget Sound Hall
Outside food is allowed in designated areas only.
Open Daily, 10AM–6PM
Take a bit of the Aquarium home with you! Browse our thoughtful collection of educational books, plush sea creatures, fun toys, apparel for the entire family, art glass pieces, jewelry, home décor, souvenirs and more.