Evaluating the Impression of CYP3A5 Genotype on Put up-Transplant Healthcare
Tacrolimus is the calcineurin inhibitor utilized in higher than 90% of pediatric transplant recipients within the U.S.1,2 As a result of slim therapeutic index and variable pharmacokinetics of the drug, tacrolimus requires in depth therapeutic drug monitoring to make sure protected and efficient remedy.3 Various scientific traits have been proven to affect tacrolimus concentrations together with: CYP3A5 genotype, age, hematocrit, weight, and donor standing (residing vs deceased).4–6 CYP3A5 genotype is estimated to clarify upwards of fifty% of the inter-patient tacrolimus variability; nonetheless, the utilization of CYP3A5 genotype-guided personalised dosing methods for tacrolimus has not been routinely carried out in scientific apply.
Though the associations of CYP3A5 genotype with tacrolimus publicity have been demonstrated in lots of retrospective or observational research, solely 4 trials prospectively assessed the influence of genotype-guided dosing on outcomes.7–10 These research have been primarily performed in renal transplant recipients, two have been in adults and two in pediatric populations. The grownup research have been conflicting, with one exhibiting CYP3A5 genotype-guided dosing decreased the time to attain therapeutic trough concentrations whereas the opposite didn’t.9,10 The pediatric research used CYP3A5 genotype, along with different affected person traits, to personalize the ultimate tacrolimus dose. The examine that utilized a genotype and age-based dosing algorithm discovered a decreased time to reaching therapeutic concentrations,8 whereas the examine utilizing a genotype-based pharmacokinetic mannequin didn’t adequately predict tacrolimus publicity and was terminated early.7 One examine additionally recognized a discount within the variety of tacrolimus dose modifications when using genotype-guided dosing, though this was not confirmed in others.9 None of those research recognized an affiliation between the personalised dosing technique and improved short-term nor long-term scientific outcomes, comparable to acute rejection charges within the first 30–90 days post-transplant.11
Whether or not CYP3A5 genotypes have an effect on useful resource utilization is a key query, as scientific implementation requires a cautious evaluation of funds. Two of the prior potential research noticed variations in variety of dose changes and time to achieve therapeutic concentrations, which counsel that healthcare useful resource utilization amongst transplant recipients could possibly be influenced by pharmacogenetics.8,9 A examine from Thailand in grownup renal transplant recognized important variations in the price of care related to tacrolimus monitoring and hospitalization post-transplant amongst CYP3A5 genotypes.12 Further knowledge is required to extra clearly decide whether or not CYP3A5 genotype contributes to healthcare useful resource utilization in different populations and apply fashions, as this might have important implications on the perceived utility of using personalised dosing in routine apply. This examine was performed to judge the influence of CYP3A5 genotype on post-transplant healthcare useful resource utilization and transplant outcomes throughout the first yr post-transplant in pediatric renal and coronary heart transplant recipients.
Sufferers and Strategies
This single-center, retrospective cohort examine was permitted by the College of Michigan Investigational Evaluate Board and a waiver of knowledgeable consent was supplied for secondary use analysis (HUM00155810). All affected person knowledge entry complied with related knowledge safety and privateness rules, in compliance with the Declaration of Helsinki. All organ donations included written knowledgeable consent and have been performed in accordance with the Declaration of Istanbul.
Sufferers have been included in the event that they acquired a renal or coronary heart transplant between June 1, 2014 and December 31, 2018, have been <18 years of age on the time of transplant, and had a saved DNA pattern from their transplant workup out there for evaluation. Sufferers have been excluded if they didn’t obtain tacrolimus as a part of the preliminary immunosuppression routine or in the event that they skilled main graft non-function. In kidney transplant, protocol-based tacrolimus dosing was beneficial as 0.1 mg/kg q 12 hours orally, with consideration of q8 hour dosing if the affected person was <40 kg, and tacrolimus concentrations have been assessed every day. In coronary heart transplant, protocol-based tacrolimus dosing was beneficial as 0.05 mg/kg q 12 hours orally and tacrolimus concentrations have been measured after a minimum of 3 secure doses. Discrete scientific variables, together with tacrolimus administration and dosing, concomitant immunosuppression routine (eg, normal vs steroid avoidant), induction remedy, laboratory knowledge, affected person demographic traits, and encounter data and encounter related prices have been queried from the digital medical report by way of Information Direct, an inside self-service knowledge device. Any non-discrete knowledge variables, comparable to biopsy outcomes, have been manually extracted from the digital medical report utilizing the EMERSE search engine.13 All knowledge have been saved in a safe RedCap database.14
Secondary use samples of extracted DNA have been obtained from the College of Michigan histocompatibility laboratory for sufferers who met the inclusion standards. Business Taqman assays have been used as described beforehand, with minor modifications.15 Briefly, reactions have been carried out utilizing 10 ng of DNA with Genotyping Grasp Combine (Utilized Biosystems) in an iCycler real-time thermocycler (BioRad) for 40 cycles. Genotyping was carried out for the next single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) CYP3A5*3 (rs776746), CYP3A5*6 (rs10264272), and CYP3A5*7 (rs41303343) (Thermo Fisher Scientific, Waltham, MA). Name charges for all SNPs have been >99%; 10% of samples have been retested and outcomes have been 100% concordant. CYP3A5 genotypes have been grouped into the corresponding scientific phenotype for evaluation: CYP3A5 expressers (these with 1 or zero variant alleles) and CYP3A5 non-expressers (these with 2 variant alleles).
The variety of tacrolimus dose modifications, variety of tacrolimus concentrations, variety of scientific encounters, for all sorts and outpatient solely, and whole prices for all encounters have been calculated for every topic at 30, 90, 180, 270, and 12 months post-transplant. Biopsy confirmed acute rejection (BPAR) was outlined as a T-cell mediated rejection grade ≥1A for renal transplant or acute mobile rejection grade ≥1 for coronary heart transplant.16,17 De novo donor-specific antibody (DSA) was outlined as the primary optimistic DSA outcome post-transplant in sufferers who had unfavourable baseline DSA. Induction remedy was categorized as rabbit anti-thymocyte globulin (rATG) versus basiliximab/no induction.
Demographic traits and calculated variables have been evaluated descriptively for every transplant sort at 12 months after which in contrast between transplant varieties with univariate regressions for each categorical variables and steady variables. The univariate influence of CYP3A5 genotype on variety of tacrolimus dose modifications, variety of tacrolimus concentrations, and variety of scientific encounters at 12 months have been evaluated by way of linear regression. The univariate influence of CYP3A5 genotype on size of keep (LOS), intensive care unit LOS (ICU LOS) for transplant admission and whole prices at 12 months have been assessed with quasipoisson regression. Multivariable evaluation of the influence of CYP3A5 genotype was assessed for these outcomes whereas additionally controlling for affected person age (steady), induction agent, and intercourse.
The impacts of CYP3A5 phenotype on BPAR, de novo DSA, and the composite end result of BPAR or de novo DSA, whichever occurred first have been evaluated with Kaplan-Meier analyses. Cox proportional hazards fashions evaluated the influence of CYP3A5 genotype on time to occasion controlling for affected person’s age, intercourse, and rATG induction remedy. All knowledge evaluation have been carried out in R (v.3.6.3).18
Eighty-eight pediatric sufferers acquired a renal or coronary heart transplant between June 1, 2014–December 31, 2018; three sufferers have been subsequently excluded for no tacrolimus administration or main graft non-function (Determine 1) leading to a ultimate cohort of 48 kidney transplant recipients and 37 coronary heart transplant recipients (n=85). The common age on the time of transplant was 9.7 ± 5.9 years. The vast majority of sufferers have been Caucasian (76.5%), have been CYP3A5 non-expressers (77.6%), and acquired a kidney transplant (56.5%). The most typical induction remedy was rATG (50.6%) and immunosuppression routine was tacrolimus with mycophenolate (96.4%). Demographic traits by transplant sort are proven in Desk 1. Traits didn’t differ considerably between transplant varieties apart from induction remedy, the place considerably extra renal transplant recipients acquired induction remedy in comparison with coronary heart transplant recipients (p<0.001). Fifty-four % of renal transplant recipients acquired a steroid-avoidant immunosuppression routine. Two sufferers died throughout the first yr post-transplant, each coronary heart transplant recipients.
Desk 1 Affected person Demographics by Transplant Kind
Determine 1 Inclusion of eligible sufferers.
The calculated healthcare utilization measures differed considerably between transplant varieties (Supplemental Desk 1). Renal transplant recipients had a considerably greater variety of tacrolimus dose modifications and outpatient visits. Coronary heart transplant recipients had an extended ICU LOS, LOS, and better whole cost. The median tacrolimus beginning dose was 0.2 mg/kg/day (IQR:0.19–0.22 mg/kg/day) in renal transplant, with the vast majority of sufferers (n=43) receiving each 12-hour dosing; the median tacrolimus beginning dose was 0.09 mg/kg/day (IQR: 0.065–0.1 mg/kg/day) in coronary heart transplant with all sufferers receiving each 12-hour dosing. Secondary to those variations, all subsequent analyses of those outcomes have been stratified by transplant sort.
Within the kidney transplant cohort, no associations have been recognized between CYP3A5 phenotype and any healthcare utilization measures at 1-year post-transplant within the univariate evaluation (Desk 2). CYP3A5 phenotype was additionally not related to any end result at any time level after controlling for age, intercourse, and rATG induction remedy. Induction remedy was related to a better variety of visits, greater whole prices, and a better variety of tacrolimus concentrations at every of the evaluated time factors (Supplemental Desk 2). Age was straight related to greater whole prices in any respect evaluated time factors, and was inversely related to the variety of tacrolimus concentrations at 30 [β= −0.3, 95% CI (−0.53, −0.07)], 90 [β=−0.42, 95% CI (−0.73, −0.11)], and 270 days [β= −0.79, 95% CI (−1.44, −0.13)]. A submit hoc evaluation was carried out to judge the influence of CYP3A5 genotype on the variety of dose modifications that occurred solely throughout outpatient visits resulting from concern for confounding by affected person location. These multivariable analyses additionally managed for age, intercourse, and induction remedy; no variables in these fashions have been related to the outcomes at any examine time level.
Desk 2 Impression of CYP3A5 Phenotype on Healthcare Useful resource Utilization Measures Throughout First Yr Put up-Transplant in Kidney Transplant Recipients
CYP3A5 phenotype was not related to the time to creating BPAR (n=8), de novo DSA (n=15), or the composite of BPAR or de novo DSA alone (n=17), nor when controlling for age, intercourse, and induction routine (Determine 2).
Coronary heart Transplant
Within the coronary heart transplant cohort, CYP3A5 phenotype was considerably related to an elevated variety of tacrolimus dose modifications and elevated variety of tacrolimus concentrations, however not with different measures of healthcare utilization, within the univariate evaluation of 1-year post-transplant (Desk 3). After controlling for age, intercourse, and rATG induction, CYP3A5 phenotype remained a major predictor of variety of dose modifications and variety of tacrolimus concentrations for all evaluated time factors throughout the first yr post-transplant (Supplemental Desk 3). The CYP3A5 expresser phenotype was additionally decided to be related to elevated ICU LOS, LOS, and whole prices. rATG induction remedy was additionally related to an elevated ICU LOS, LOS, and whole prices all the time factors. Age was straight related to ICU LOS and LOS. Age was additionally straight related to the overall cost at 90, 180, and 270 days post-transplant and inversely related to the variety of dose modifications all the time factors besides 30 days (Supplemental Desk 3).
Desk 3 Impression of CYP3A5 Phenotype on Healthcare Useful resource Utilization Measures Throughout First Yr Put up-Transplant in Coronary heart Transplant Recipients
CYP3A5 phenotype was not considerably related to time to creating BPAR (n=7), de novo DSA (n=20), or the composite of BPAR or de novo DSA (n=23) throughout the first yr post-transplant alone nor after controlling for age, intercourse, or induction routine (Determine 3).
This examine recognized that CYP3A5 phenotype was a major predictor of post-transplant useful resource utilization within the pediatric coronary heart transplant however not the pediatric renal transplant inhabitants. Age and use of rATG induction remedy have been related to greater whole prices throughout the first yr post-transplant in each populations. These findings counsel the influence of CYP3A5 phenotype on these useful resource outcomes is probably going considerably impacted by scientific apply in tacrolimus administration. At our establishment, tacrolimus therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) protocols differ considerably between renal and coronary heart transplant packages. In renal transplant, the TDM protocol recommends every day tacrolimus concentrations whereas the affected person is admitted post-transplant, weekly for the primary 3 months, each different week months 3–6, bimonthly months 6–9, and month-to-month thereafter. In coronary heart transplant, TDM is beneficial after 3 secure doses have been administered after tacrolimus dose modifications whereas inpatient, inside 7–10 days from discharge, month-to-month for the primary 2 months, each 1.5 months till 9 months and at 12 months. Moreover, the goal tacrolimus focus for renal transplant was decreased roughly each 3 months over the primary transplant yr, whereas it remained the identical for the primary 12-months submit coronary heart transplant.
These variations in program-specific TDM schedule doubtless clarify the substantial distinction within the variety of tacrolimus concentrations between our two transplant cohorts. Every day tacrolimus monitoring could supersede any influence of CYP3A5 phenotype on tacrolimus TDM, as a result of all sufferers have the identical baseline monitoring frequency. Moreover, as is recommended by our elevated variety of dose modifications within the kidney transplant cohort, sufferers with every day tacrolimus monitoring could also be titrated extra shortly than these with extra time between monitoring as a clinician could inherently wish to act on the drug focus. Nevertheless, there are essential concerns for whether or not that is advantageous for all sufferers. For slim therapeutic index medicines comparable to tacrolimus, earlier monitoring could also be warranted, particularly round instances of scientific modifications, to make sure supra-therapeutic concentrations usually are not occurring. Nevertheless, every day dose modifications, notably in response to sub-therapeutic concentrations, could also be extra more likely to overshoot the goal focus as a result of there may be inadequate time for the drug to achieve regular state between dose modifications, which for tacrolimus is after two to a few days of remedy.19 This potential for over adjustment could put sufferers at greater danger for non-therapeutic concentrations. Variations in concomitant immunosuppressive routine, such because the elevated use of T-cell depleting induction in renal transplant, may contribute to elevated monitoring for shut evaluation of probably shared hostile occasions comparable to leukopenia.
One other important concern with tacrolimus monitoring is the chance for inappropriately drawn tacrolimus trough concentrations relative to drug administration, which has been proven to occur ceaselessly in tacrolimus monitoring and will have important implications on drug administration.20 If clinicians are adjusting doses based mostly on a non-trough tacrolimus focus, there’s a greater danger the dose changes will doubtless be inappropriate for the affected person’s goal focus. Though the appropriateness of the focus was circuitously assessed in our examine, since we have been assessing the overall variety of tacrolimus concentrations obtained, this will likely additionally considerably affect general useful resource utilization.
Per the prior potential research we didn’t determine a major affiliation of rejection-associated outcomes, comparable to BPAR and de novo DSA formation, with CYP3A5 phenotype. Nevertheless, the small variety of occasions inside our cohort point out this examine was doubtless underpowered to detect variations amongst these teams. Apparently, there’s a seen separation on the Kaplan-Meier plot between the CYP3A5 phenotypes in coronary heart transplant, however not on the renal transplant plot. A serious baseline distinction between these cohorts was the usage of induction remedy, with 100% of renal transplant recipients receiving an induction agent (rATG or basiliximab) in comparison with solely 38% of coronary heart transplant recipients. Induction remedy is utilized to lower the incidence of acute rejection in transplant recipients, and the usage of T-cell depleting remedy has elevated over the previous decade.1,2 Within the prior potential research that assessed influence of personalised tacrolimus dosing on early scientific outcomes, all examine members acquired induction remedy.8–10 Earlier research, the place ~50% or much less of sufferers acquired induction remedy, primarily with IL-2 receptor blockers, did discover associations between CYP3A5 genotype and early acute rejection outcomes.21–25 Though there are additionally unfavourable research, a meta-analysis of this knowledge recognized a major affiliation between CYP3A5 genotype and acute rejection when controlling for induction remedy.26 Our findings, in addition to the earlier literature, counsel CYP3A5 phenotype could also be a extra impactful covariate for early scientific outcomes in sufferers receiving tacrolimus-based immunosuppression with out T-cell depleting induction remedy, though this speculation wants additional validation.
An elevated variety of tacrolimus dose modifications could have essential implications for scientific and healthcare useful resource utilization past what was assessed inside this examine. Elevated intra-patient variability of tacrolimus dose, measured because the coefficient of variation (CV), was related to elevated charges of acute rejection within the first 6 months post-transplant in a big cohort of grownup kidney transplant recipients.27 Of their examine, CYP3A5 non-expression was related to greater CV for tacrolimus doses, whereas CYP3A5 expression was related to greater CV of tacrolimus trough concentrations. The authors focus on that whereas elevated CV of tacrolimus doses could also be a surrogate for a troublesome post-transplant course and never a direct indicator for rejection, their knowledge counsel dose changes is probably not helpful for trough fluctuations which might be near the goal vary. A further consideration for useful resource utilization that we have been unable to seize inside this examine was the clinician time required to find out, implement, and talk a tacrolimus dose change for a affected person. Ceaselessly the affected person could have already been discharged from their appointment previous to the clinician with the ability to assess the trough outcome. There’s due to this fact the extra useful resource of clinician time exterior of a clinic go to to behave on these outcomes and make sure the affected person understands the dosing modifications.
The findings of this examine are restricted by the small pattern measurement. There are numerous scientific components that may affect the monitoring frequency of tacrolimus, comparable to acute kidney harm, modifications to concomitant medicines, or hostile occasions that we have been unable seize on this retrospective examine. Additional proof is required to extra completely examine these associations in bigger cohorts.
On this examine, we recognized that CYP3A5 phenotype might be an indicator of healthcare useful resource utilization post-transplant, though this seems to be strongly influenced by the tacrolimus monitoring protocol that’s employed. T-cell depleting induction remedy and age have been different covariates constantly related to useful resource utilization measures. Further research are wanted to judge whether or not personalised tacrolimus dosing methods might normalize the post-transplant useful resource utilization between CYP3A5 phenotypes.
Dr Amy L Pasternak and Dr Jeong M Park report grant funding from the Nationwide Heart for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) to assist this work below award quantity: UL1TR002240. The authors report no different conflicts of curiosity on this work.
1. Colvin M, Smith JM, Hadley N, et al. OPTN/SRTR 2018 annual knowledge report: coronary heart. Am J Transpl. 2020;20(Suppl s1):340–426. doi:10.1111/ajt.15676
2. Hart A, Smith JM, Skeans MA, et al. OPTN/SRTR 2018 annual knowledge report: kidney. Am J Transpl. 2020;20(Suppl s1):20–130. doi:10.1111/ajt.15672
3. Brunet M, van Gelder T, Asberg A, et al. Therapeutic drug monitoring of tacrolimus-personalized remedy: second consensus report. Ther Drug Monit. 2019;41(3):261–307. doi:10.1097/FTD.0000000000000640
4. Andrews LM, Hesselink DA, van Gelder T, et al. A inhabitants pharmacokinetic mannequin to foretell the person beginning dose of tacrolimus following pediatric renal transplantation. Clin Pharmacokinet. 2018;57(4):475–489. doi:10.1007/s40262-017-0567-8
5. Knops N, Herman J, van Dyck M, et al. Tacrolimus dose necessities in paediatric renal allograft recipients are characterised by a biphasic course decided by age and bone maturation. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2017;83(4):863–874. doi:10.1111/bcp.13174
6. Zhao W, Elie V, Roussey G, et al. Inhabitants pharmacokinetics and pharmacogenetics of tacrolimus in de novo pediatric kidney transplant recipients. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2009;86(6):609–618. doi:10.1038/clpt.2009.210
7. Andrews LM, de Winter BCM, Cornelissen EAM, et al. A inhabitants pharmacokinetic mannequin doesn’t predict the optimum beginning dose of tacrolimus in pediatric renal transplant recipients in a potential examine: classes realized and mannequin enchancment. Clin Pharmacokinet. 2020;59(5):591–603. doi:10.1007/s40262-019-00831-8
8. Min S, Papaz T, Lafreniere-Roula M, et al. A randomized scientific trial of age and genotype-guided tacrolimus dosing after pediatric strong organ transplantation. Pediatr Transpl. 2018;22(7):e13285. doi:10.1111/petr.13285
9. Thervet E, Loriot MA, Barbier S, et al. Optimization of preliminary tacrolimus dose utilizing pharmacogenetic testing. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2010;87(6):721–726. doi:10.1038/clpt.2010.17
10. Shuker N, Bouamar R, van Schaik RH, et al. A randomized managed trial evaluating the efficacy of Cyp3a5 genotype-based with body-weight-based tacrolimus dosing after residing donor kidney transplantation. Am J Transpl. 2016;16(7):2085–2096. doi:10.1111/ajt.13691
11. Pallet N, Etienne I, Buchler M, et al. Lengthy-term scientific influence of adaptation of preliminary tacrolimus dosing to CYP3A5 genotype. Am J Transpl. 2016;16(9):2670–2675. doi:10.1111/ajt.13788
12. Vannaprasaht S, Limwattananon C, Anutrakulchai S, Chan-On C. Impact of CYP3A5 genotype on hospitalization price for kidney transplantation. Int J Clin Pharm. 2019;41(1):88–95. doi:10.1007/s11096-018-0750-5
13. Hanauer DA. EMERSE: the digital medical report search engine. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2006;941.
14. Harris PA, Taylor R, Thielke R, Payne J, Gonzalez N, Conde JG. Analysis digital knowledge seize (REDCap)–a metadata-driven methodology and workflow course of for offering translational analysis informatics assist. J Biomed Inf. 2009;42(2):377–381. doi:10.1016/j.jbi.2008.08.010
15. Pasternak AL, Kidwell KM, Dempsey JM, et al. Impression of CYP3A5 phenotype on tacrolimus concentrations after sublingual and oral administration in lung transplant. Pharmacogenomics. 2019;20(6):421–432. doi:10.2217/pgs-2019-0002
16. Solez Okay, Colvin RB, Racusen LC, et al. Banff 07 classification of renal allograft pathology: updates and future instructions. Am J Transpl. 2008;8(4):753–760. doi:10.1111/j.1600-6143.2008.02159.x
17. Stewart S, Winters GL, Fishbein MC, et al. Revision of the 1990 working formulation for the standardization of nomenclature within the analysis of coronary heart rejection. J Hear Lung Transpl. 2005;24(11):1710–1720. doi:10.1016/j.healun.2005.03.019
18. R Core Staff. R: a language and atmosphere for statistical computing; 2020. R Basis for Statistical Computing Austria. URL V, Obtainable from: https://www.R-project.org/.
19. Renders L, Frisman M, Ufer M, et al. CYP3A5 genotype markedly influences the pharmacokinetics of tacrolimus and sirolimus in kidney transplant recipients. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2007;81(2):228–234. doi:10.1038/sj.clpt.6100039
20. Strohbehn GW, Pan WW, Petrilli CM, et al. Giant-scale variability of inpatient tacrolimus therapeutic drug monitoring at an instructional transplant middle: a retrospective examine. Ther Drug Monit. 2018;40(4):394–400. doi:10.1097/FTD.0000000000000526
21. Min SI, Kim SY, Ahn SH, et al. CYP3A5 *1 allele: impacts on early acute rejection and graft perform in tacrolimus-based renal transplant recipients. Transplantation. 2010;90(12):1394–1400. doi:10.1097/TP.0b013e3181fa93a4
22. Quteineh L, Verstuyft C, Furlan V, et al. Affect of CYP3A5 genetic polymorphism on tacrolimus every day dose necessities and acute rejection in renal graft recipients. Primary Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2008;103(6):546–552. doi:10.1111/j.1742-7843.2008.00327.x
23. Singh R, Srivastava A, Kapoor R, Sharma RK, Mittal RD. Impression of CYP3A5 and CYP3A4 gene polymorphisms on dose requirement of calcineurin inhibitors, cyclosporine and tacrolimus, in renal allograft recipients of North India. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2009;380(2):169–177. doi:10.1007/s00210-009-0415-y
24. Ferraresso M, Tirelli A, Ghio L, et al. Affect of the CYP3A5 genotype on tacrolimus pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in younger kidney transplant recipients. Pediatr Transpl. 2007;11(3):296–300. doi:10.1111/j.1399-3046.2006.00662.x
25. Tirelli S, Ferraresso M, Ghio L, et al. The impact of CYP3A5 polymorphisms on the pharmacokinetics of tacrolimus in adolescent kidney transplant recipients. Med Sci Monit. 2008;14(5):CR251–CR254.
26. Rojas L, Neumann I, Herrero MJ, et al. Impact of CYP3A5*3 on kidney transplant recipients handled with tacrolimus: a scientific overview and meta-analysis of observational research. Pharmacogenomics J. 2015;15(1):38–48. doi:10.1038/tpj.2014.38
27. Seibert SR, Schladt DP, Wu B, et al. Tacrolimus trough and dose intra-patient variability and CYP3A5 genotype: results on acute rejection and graft failure in European American and African American kidney transplant recipients. Clin Transpl. 2018;32:e13424. doi:10.1111/ctr.13424