Sierra Oncology Announces Bonus Grant Under NASDAQ Listing Rule 5635 (c) (4)
SAN MATEO, California, May 21, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Sierra Oncology, Inc. (SRRA), an advanced-stage biopharmaceutical company seeking to provide targeted therapies for rare forms of cancer, granted a stock option to a new employee as approved by the company’s remuneration committee. Board of Directors, as part of Sierra Oncology’s 2018 Equity Incentive Plan.
The 2018 Stock Incentive Plan is used exclusively for granting stock awards to individuals as a significant incentive to those individuals entering employment with Sierra, in accordance with Rule 5635 (c) (4) of the NASDAQ listing rules.
The employee received an option to purchase 39,000 common shares of Sierra. The option has an exercise price of $ 17.79 per share, which is equal to the closing price of Sierra common shares on the grant date. The option will vest and become exercisable for 25% of the shares on the first anniversary of the beneficiary’s start date, then will vest and become exercisable for the remaining 75% of shares in 36 equal monthly installments after the first anniversary, subject to the employee’s continued employment with Sierra on those vesting dates. The option is subject to the terms and conditions of Sierra’s 2018 stock incentive plan, as well as the terms and conditions of the stock option agreement covering the grant.
About Sierra Oncology
Sierra Oncology is an advanced-stage biopharmaceutical company seeking to provide targeted therapies that treat rare forms of cancer. We use our in-depth scientific expertise to identify compounds that target the root cause of the disease. Our team takes an evidence-based approach to understand the limits of current treatments and explore new ways to change the cancer treatment paradigm. Together, we turn the promise into patient impact.
For more information visit www.SierraOncology.com.
Caution regarding forward-looking statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including, but not limited to, statements regarding Sierra Oncology’s expectations from the data. current, planned clinical development activities, expected timing and success of MOMENTUM recruitment and potential benefits of momelotinib. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements which could be considered as forward-looking statements. These statements are based on the current expectations and beliefs of management and are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, the risk that Sierra Oncology’s cash resources will be insufficient to fund its current operating plans and that it may be unable to raise additional capital. if necessary, the risk that disruption and impacts of COVID-19 will be significant and long, Sierra Oncology may be unable to successfully develop and market momelotinib, momelotinib may not demonstrate safety and efficacy or otherwise produce positive results, Sierra Oncology may experience delays in the clinical development of momelotinib, Sierra Oncology may not be able to acquire additional assets to build a pipeline of additional product candidates, third-party manufacturers of Sierra Oncology may not be able to acquire additional assets to build a pipeline of additional product candidates. lead to a limitation or interruption of its supply of materials o u not be of satisfactory quantity or quality, Sierra Oncology may be unable to obtain and enforce intellectual property protection for its technologies and momelotinib and other factors described under “Risk Factors”. Set forth in documents filed by Sierra Oncology with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time. Sierra Oncology assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained herein or to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date hereof, except as required by applicable law.
SOURCE Sierra Oncology